Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Inspiring Words by a Handicapped Boy to Dr Abdul Kalam



A few minutes ago I was in Harali village in Maharashtra where I met 2000 of students from different schools. Just when I was about to get down from the stage a young boy, about 18 years of age, held in the arms of his mother cried to meet me. I called them both on stage. The boy could not walk due to some childhood disease, but he was strong in willpower. 

He told me, "My name is Shailesh and I am from this village. You told me to have a dream. I am here to tell you my dream. I am chess player... and someday I will become a Grand Master". 

Great to see such aspirations and strength in a rural boy who despite his challenges, has a great aim. Best wishes Shailendra 

~ A.P.J Abdul Kalam

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...