Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Rumi Quotes



  • All day I think about it, then at night I say it. Where did I come from, and what am I supposed to be doing? I have no idea. My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there.
  • He is like a man using a candle to look for the sun.
  • I have no more words. Let the soul speak with the silent articulation of a face.
  • Let the Beauty we love, be what we do.
  • We come spinning out of nothingness scattering stars like dust.
  • Something opens our wings. Something makes boredom and hurt disappear. Someone fills the cup in front of us: We taste only sacredness.
  • We are tasting the taste of eternity this minute.
  • Lovers do not finally meet somewhere. They are in each other all along.
  • Out beyond ideas of wrong doing and right doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.
  • Burdens are the foundations of ease and bitter things the forerunners of pleasure.
  • That shadow has been serving you. What hurts you, blesses you. Darkness is your candle.
  • We are not a drop in the ocean; we the the ocean in a drop.
  • Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.
  • I have one small drop of knowing in my soul. Let it dissolve in your ocean.
  • Everyone sees the unseen in proportion to the clarity of his heart.
  • Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.
  • Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.
  • Love flows down. The ground submits to the sky and suffers what comes.
  • Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
  • This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.
  • Only from the heart Can you touch the sky.
  • You were born with wings. Why prefer to crawl through life?
  • The way you make love is the way God will be with you.
  • Everyone has been made for some particular work, and the desire for that work has been put in every heart.
  • Observe the wonders as they occur around you. Don't claim them. Feel the artistry moving through and be silent.
  • Let the lover be disgraceful, crazy, absent-minded. Someone sober will worry about events going badly. Let the lover be.
  • Every tree and plant in the meadow seemed to be dancing, those which average eyes would see as fixed and still.
  • Everyone sees the unseen in proportion to the clarity of his heart, and that depends upon how much he has polished it. Whoever has polished it more sees more - more unseen forms become manifest to him.
  • We can’t help being thirsty, moving toward the voice of water.
  • I died a mineral, and became a plant. I died a plant and rose an animal. I died an animal and I was man. Why should I fear? When was I less by dying?
  • Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.
  • Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide open? Move outside the tangle of fear-thinking.
  • Live in silence.
  • You are quaffing drink from a hundred fountains: whenever any of these hundred yields less, your pleasure is diminished. But when the sublime fountain gushes from within you, no longer need you steal from the other fountains.
  • To praise the sun is to praise your own eyes.
  • Reason is like an officer when the king appears. The officer then loses his power and hides himself. Reason is the shadow cast by God; God is the sun.
  • Pilgrimage to the place of the wise is to find escape from the flame of separateness.
  • In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest, where no one sees you.
  • Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation.
  • One day You will take my heart completely and make it more fiery than a dragon. Your eyelashes will write on my heart the poem that could never come from the pen of a poet.
  • Who could be so lucky? Who comes to a lake for water and sees the reflection of moon.
  • Now I am sober and there's only the hangover and the memory of love.
  • Look at Love... how it tangles with the one fallen in love.
  • Now give yourself a smile. What is the worth of a diamond if it doesn't smile?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...